Invitation to the upcoming Annual General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on 30th June 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Swiss time
- The Board of Directors proposes the conversion of CHF 29.7 million of debt owed to SEFAM and Golden Partner into shares of the Company in order to strengthen the balance sheet
YVERDON-LES-BAINS, Switzerland, 9th June, 2021 – Leclanché SA (SIX: LECN), one of the world’s leading energy storage companies, is convening its Annual Ordinary General Meeting on 30th June 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Swiss time.
Important information regarding COVID-19 – Personal Attendance at the Annual General Meeting not allowed
The Swiss Federal Government has prohibited private and public events and gatherings of people to pre-vent the further spreading of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). In accordance with Art. 8 of the Federal Act on the Statutory Principles for Federal Council Ordinances on Combating the COVID-19 Epidemic (COVID-19 Act, SR 818.102) and Art. 27 of the Ordinance 3 on Measures to Combat the Coronavirus (COVID-19) (COVID-19 Ordinance 3, SR 818.101.24), the Board of Directors has therefore decided that the shareholders of LECLANCHE SA may exercise their rights at the Annual General Meeting on 30 June 2021 exclusively through the independent representative. Personal attendance of shareholders or shareholders' representatives other than the independent representative is not permitted. This measure makes it possible to hold the Annual General Meeting despite the current situation. Please refer to the invitation under section "Representation" for information on how to authorize and instruct the independent representative.
The shareholders are invited to join the live webcast of the Annual General Meeting of shareholders on 30 June 2021 at 9:00 am Swiss time in English, French or German. Questions can be submitted in writing during the webcast through an online tool and will be answered at the end of the meeting. Further rights (including voting rights) may be exercised exclusively through the independent representative prior to the Annual General Meeting (see section "Representation" below). The link to the webcast is as follows: https://www.leclanche.com/2021-annual-general-meeting/
Among the decisions submitted for shareholder approval, the Board of Directors proposes the conversion of CHF 29.7 million of debt contracted with SEFAMand Golden Partner ("GP") into equity. This restructuring measure, negotiated with SEFAM and GP, will strengthen the balance sheet and drive continued investment interest in the Company during a period of strong growth in Leclanché’s order book in the fast-growing e-Transport sector.
1. Annual Report 2020, Consolidated Financial Statements 2020, Statutory Financial Statements 2020 and Compensation Report 2020 of Leclanché S.A.
2. Discharge of the Board of Directors
3. Appropriation of Profits Resulting from the Balance Sheet
4. Elections Board of Directors
5. Election of the Auditors
6. Election of the Independent Representative
7. Partial amendment of the Articles of Association / Modification of the authorized share capital (Art. 3quater)
8. Partial amendment of the Articles of Association / Creation of Conditional Share Capital (Art. 3quinquies)
9. Debt to Equity Conversion
10. Set-off of Accumulated Losses with Capital Contribution Reserves
11. Vote on the compensation of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee
II. Annual Report
III. Participation and voting rights
V. Voting Instruction
 SEFAM means: AM INVESTMENT SCA, SICAV-SIF - Illiquid Assets Sub-Fund and AM INVESTMENT SCA, SICAV-SIF – R&D Sub-Fund, together with STRATEGIC EQUITY FUND - Renewable Energy Sub-Fund, STRATEGIC EQUITY FUND - Multi Asset Strategy Sub-Fund, STRATEGIC EQUITY FUND – E Money Strategies Sub-Fund (also called Energy Storage Invest) and, all these funds being in aggre-gate the main shareholder of Leclanché, hereunder referred to as “SEFAM”.